Jackson County Sheriff's Debate
LIVE Oct. 10, 2018 @ 6:00PM**
** LIVE STREAM BUTTON WILL NOT BE ACTIVE UNTIL THEN.
HOW TO WATCH:
– Debate will be LIVE on RVTV Prime RVTV’s Website.
– Charter channel 180
– Ashland Cable channel 9.
– Click on the RVTV Prime icon on the RVTV website.
– Use the button below to go to the LIVE STREAM when ready.
Join the Discussion on
Jackson County Scanner!
“JOIN” by clicking the logo below, and going to the Facebook Group. The top post announcement on 10/10/18 about the debate will be open for comments DURING & AFTER the debate.
2018 Jackson County Sheriff’s Debate:
DATE/TIME: October 10, 2018 @ 6:00PM
MODERATOR: Pete Belcastro
CHALLENGER: Bill Froehlich
INCUMBENT: Nate Sickler
Funding provided by a generous donation from David and Kat Noble.
DETERMINING ORDER: A coin toss by the Moderator will determine speaking order prior to the production, similar to a football game. The challenger will call the coin toss. Winner of coin toss chooses to give his introduction first or give his closing statement last. Each round will alternate who goes first with each question.
WELCOME (2 min.): Moderator welcome’s / introduces candidates.
- ROUND 1 – INTRODUCTIONS (2 min. each / 4 total): Each candidate will give an introductory speech lasting no longer than 2 minutes.
- ROUND 2 – TABLE CHAT (15 min. total): Moderator will ask general questions about local issues and moderate the conversation fairly from experience. Participants will yield to the moderator if asked. After each answer from a candidate, the moderator will allow the opponent to respond.
- ROUND 3 – LIGHTENING ROUND (25 min. max): Rapid fire citizen questions collected online through a form. Submitted by the public, and provided for Pete to choose from and the order for this round. Maximum response time from each participant is 1 minute per question. The questions are over when the time is up and the last candidate has responded to the current question when the timer goes off.
- ROUND 4 – OPPONENT QUESTIONS (10 sec Question – 1 min Answer each): Each participant will ask a single question of his opponent.
- ROUND 5 – CLOSING HIGHLIGHTS (2 min. each): Each candidate will give a closing highlights lasting under 2 minutes. The participant who gave their introduction last gets the final closing highlights speech.
SIGN OFF (1 min.): Moderator thanks the viewing audience, candidates, the sponsors David and Kat Noble and RVTV for participating.